Yesterday I mentioned that I had been nominated for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award” by Tony Roberts of the blog, “A Way With Words” http://writingforfoodinindy.wordpress.com Today I’m going to continue fulfilling the conditions for acceptance, which are:
1. Display the award logo (see above)
2. Link back to the person who nominated you (also see above).
3. State 7 things about yourself (see below)
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them (see further below)
7 things about myself (definitely not in terms of importance).
1. I can play the tenor sax (badly). I sing better than I play the saxophone. I can’t dance, don’t ask me
2. I became a Christian at a church summer camp in 1972.
3. I am the father of one and the grandfather of two. You might ask, “Of what?” I assure you they are humanoid and often bring tears to my eyes, mostly tears of joy.
4. I have successfully completed over 30 years of marriage to the same wonderful woman and I’m grateful for each day, including the extra day in leap years.
5. Though my wife treats them like the most delicious treats, I have never completely come to terms with Brussels sprouts.
6. I have a very large tattoo of a dragon on one side of my chest and an equally large tiger on the other side. I added a Celtic cross to my right forearm recently. The comment I have received most over the years: “You don’t seem like the kind of guy who would have tattoos.”
7. I have survived many years in the retail world, most of them selling books.
Now, on to the blogs I find inspiring. I will gradually add to this Inspiring blog list until there are 15.
Soul Artist: “Giving Hope When Times are Hard” http://soulartist.blogspot.com
Raising 5 Kids With Disabilities and Remaining Sane Blog: http://5kidswdisabilities.com
Life Out of the Box: Giving back in Nicaragua. http://lifeoutofthebox.com
God and Stuff: “Christianity, not just for old people” http://www.godandstuff.com
A Devoted Life: “Practical Daily Devotions for the Real World” http://boyslumber.wordpress.com