Oh my goodness. Time once again to drag the tux out of mothballs. Do people use mothballs anymore? The ever generous Emily Anne http://unkilleddarlings.wordpress.com has seen fit to nominate my blog for the Liebster Award. Although the award is intended to go to blogs with less than 200 followers, I think it’s important to honor the spirit of the award, if not the letter. Truth to tell, although I know how many followers I have, I can’t tell how many the blogs I nominated have. Also, although a followers number is
posted on my cover page, it’s clear that’s counting my Facebook friends. I’m sure someone will set me straight, and that will only be the beginning of the grand jury investigation.
Here be da rules:
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog. Thank you very much, Emily Anne. You’ve been a great supporter!
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
Eleven facts about me:
(Please note… Only ten facts exist, so I lied about one of ’em)
1) I loved American Bandstand when I was very young and would practice the dance moves in front of a mirror. Unfortunately this did not translate into the ability to learn choreography when I grew up.
2) I used to give speeches to large groups of the neighbor’s cows. I mistook their rapt attention for interest in my topics. It’s likely they believed I would eventually feed them.
3) My wife and I met at the height of the disco craze. No, once again, choreography did not matter. Yes, we looked awesome.
4) I have been married to the same wonderful woman for over 30 years, all of them in a row.
4) This fact is sort of about me: I’ve come to the conclusion that if you love your cat, it is doomed. If you actively dislike your cat, it will probably see you through your retirement years.
5) I have shoes older than you.
6) I finally decided there is a life beyond having a clean and tidy car.
7) My faith, band and choir got me through high school.
8) God continues to get me through all the other phases of life.
9) Chunky peanut butter, but if you prefer creamy, I can be swayed.
10) Les Miserables is my favorite musical. Even though I’m sure the motion picture is wonderful, I’m not going out of my way to see it.
11) I relate more to John Boy from The Waltons now than I did when it was still on the air.
1. Apples or oranges?
Oranges. They’re juicier.
2. Dogs or cats?
They both have their place, but unless you have a really bad rodent problem,
I just don’t see the point of cats.
3. Coke or Pepsi?
Sorry, I don’t like either one.
4. Psych or The Mentalist?
I actually haven’t seen The Mentalist, but I love Psych. I’m impressed with the writing. Very funny.
5. Mac or PC?
I think it’s all about what system you’re used to. I’m a PC guy because that’s what I’ve always used.
6. If you were to have your ashes scattered post-death, where would you like to be scattered?
I suppose the ocean, if you could guarantee the person scattering wasn’t facing into the wind.
I just don’t want to be responsible for that.
7. If you could miniaturize one person, real or imaginary, and carry them around in your pocket–who would that person be? Billy Graham.
8. Floss before or after brushing your teeth?
9. If you could do one thing with no consequences, what would it be?
Floss after brushing my teeth.
10. Ever watch Workaholics? If not, you should.
I can’t. I’m working that day.
11. What’s your life motto?
Be more concerned with caring than being cared for.
1) Favorite actor?
2) Favorite song?
3) Chunky or creamy peanut butter.
4) Shoes or bare feet?
5) Do you know what toe jam football is? Would you explain it to me?
Don’t google it. I didn’t.
6) Favorite bible verse
7) Exercise you would choose to do just because you love it.
Don’t cheat and say, sex.
8) What drives you to a fit of nostalgia?
9) Assuming you could sing, who would you serenade? What would you sing?
10) What is your greatest frustration?
11) What was your most embarrassing moment?
Here are my nominees: